My Photo
Name:
Location: Cypress, Texas, United States

Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Bullet Dodged

The game was 2-5 blind, PL ROE (Round of Omaha, Round of Hold'em).
I'm dealt Kh-Jh-Qc-Qd. I limp in.
A tight player raises preflop to $30 from the button. The thought crosses my mind, 'he only raises with all face - big pair hands.'
4 people see the flop.
The flop comes A-Q-4. I check, the other callers check, button bets out $125.00.
I am the sole calller.
As I call, he utters loud enough for me to hear him across the table..."that's trouble."
The turn card is a 9.
I check, he bets $250.
After considerable thought, I fold.
His comment was a tell. During previous hands, I'd never seen him comment about a hand...or even talk during a hand, until then. Rocks are paranoid when they do not have the nuts. He would have never uttered a word without the nuts.
Also, his actions were a tell. Rocks rarely bet the turn in Omaha without the nuts--they are paranoid about being sandbagged by sets--unless they can beat a set.

After I folded, he, in stereotypical rock form, showed his aces before he took down the pot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home